Monday, January 28, 2013

To start off, I just want ot say, that this week, we had the best lesson with Carlos Rios, his testimony is so strong, and I have learned so much from him, especially about how to live the gospel. he told us a little bit more about the story of why he chose to contact us after we contacted the bus, that day. He told us that he had been living life, without real purpose, and that he heard some scholar say that the thing he has to do is live the gospel, he ignored this saying. The second time, he heard it again, from the library or something like that, that says that what he should do is return to the true gospel, so he was thingking about it, but he didn´t do it. Then, we came around and said that the gospel had been restored, he got excited, and this time, the 3rd time, he knew he couldn´t ignore the message, and he decided to embrace the gospel 100% and now, he is amember, this is my testimony that the Lord really is preparing people for the missionaries to teach, he cares about his children, and we as members have the chance ot bring the gospel to all, it was pretty awesome.


Also, this week, I had the oppurtunity to give a blessing to a member whose daughter is having some problems, the mom needed some comfort, and she asked us for a blessing, it is such a great feeling to serve in the priesthood, to help others to feel the power of God, and I testify that the priesthood is real, that it is the power of god, and that it an bring comfort and healing. And, to give another report on the food of Mexico, this week, I ate "alambre" it is so good! It is like meat with onions and peppers, and it tastes so good, you put it on tortillas and it will work wonders in your tummy! It tastes pretty much delicious, I love the food here, especially the jello, it is pretty freaking awesome.


Also, something pretty cool, was that a less active member who hadn´t been to church in 30 years went to church this sunday, it wa s amiracle, and I was glad to have been able to help here to remember the covenants that she has already made, this member is very nice, she gave us cheescake, and it was delicious! But way more important than the cheesecake, is that she was at church, in the chapel, to be able to partake of the SAcrament, also, this week, I had exchanges with anothe rElder, I was in another area for a day, and that was pretty cool, we taught some good lessons, and I got to eat pretty good this day as well. And yeah, that is basically the highlights of the week, I´ll send some more stuff next week, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, Love, Elder Limb


P.S. this week, I had the chance to go to the temple grounds with my companion because there is church doctor there, andhe had to go, it is pretty cool, I love the temple.. Oh yeah, I´m gonna send some photos

No comments:

Post a Comment