Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello everyone, this week, has honestly been one of the best weeks of my mission, and I´m about to tell you why. Remember Carlos, I think I told you a little bit about him before, he will be baptized this saturday! WE put a date for his baptism this week, he is one of the best investigators I have ever found, he is alredy sharing the gospel with his friends and family. In fact, from Carlos, he told us that his son is interested in the gospel, so we started to teach him, it was a little different though, because we were teaching in english! My english, if you can´t already tell, has gotten worse, it is difficult for me to talk in english haha, but the two lessons that we have had with Carlos son have been so good, and in english, what is cool to me, is that the gospel message is the same in every langueage, I could still feel the spirit in the lesson, and it was awesome.


Also, another thing that was pretty cool about Carlos was that this week, we had an appointment with him, before he told us that he probabley couldn´t make it, we asked him why, an dhe told us it was because he had pain in his hip. So, my companion and I sent him a message asking him if he had faith. he said yes, and we explained about the priesthood, how he could receive a blessing and that it would help him to be healed. he told us taht he had faith, and we went and were able to give hima blessing, and he told us that he felt better afterward, and that it helped him to be able to deal with the pain. It was an awesome experience, the power of the priesthood is real, and we are going to baptize him this Saturday! I´m so excited! He is going to be such a strong member of the churc.



Another thing that has been cool this week, is that people have been contacting us, usually this doesn´t happen. But yeah, we found 3 members that aren´t registered in the ward that contacted us, that want to return to the church, and we were able to have a lesson with them, and dedicate their home, it was pretty awesome. The church is growing here, little by little, there are like 20 million people here in teh city, and I always think how cool it would be if all of the people were members. And, today, we were walking to an appointment, and someone was actually following us, we didn´t know it, but he had been running to try and catch us, he saw us from far away, and he told us that he was a member and the he needed our help, he hadn´t gone to church in a long time, and so we began to talk, and me and my companion shared some scriptures from the book of mormon, and he actually was about to cry, because he was feeling the spirt, and then we gave him our number, and he left. But it was cool because we were in the right place, at the right time, and he was too. I hope that this member returns to the church, but it was a cool experience.


Also, I can´t believe that the new year is about to start, I´ve been in the mission for like 6 months now, and it has gone by so fast! It´s awesome, though. The food here for the Navidad or for Christmas was delicious. There is a tradicional food called bacalo(or something like that) that is kind of like tuna fish with nuts and chile peppers, soudns gross, but it is really good, and romeritos(meat stuff, I don´t know how to describe, but google does, and it is really good) and some other food, that I don´t remember, but it was good. I am so excited to be here in this area, in the lord´s work at this time, I know this is where I was meant to go, and the church is true, the atonement is real, the work is progressing forward, And I am so thankful for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf. I hope that everyone has a happy new year and takes the time to reflect and evaluate what to do better next year. That´s all for now, more next week,


Love, Elder Limb


P.S. The son of Carlos already told us he wants to be baptized, it´s pretty awesome, 26th of january, I´m excited, and next week is transfers, so i will let you know where I will be, maybe I will stilll be here in Nativitas, but the mission address, to write letters is always the same. I´m so grateful for the tender mercies of teh Lord, and I have felt many miracles, I wish I mad more time to tell you guys all of them, but that´s all the time I´ve got, hasta la proxima semana

No comments:

Post a Comment