Monday, January 7, 2013

Well, another week has passed by, and this week, I completed exactly 6 months in the mission! Time has flown by so fast, I can`t even believe it, but I have loved every moment that I have had to serve the Lord and to share my testimony and to do what I know how to do, to serve and testify.

This week, one of the best days of my life happened, it was the baptism of Carlos. The man who I contacted in the micro, everything started with one word, "gospel" he was interested to know what is the gospel of Jesus Christ, and he loves to study, he was so excited to receive his bible that we gave him to study after his baptism, and it was just such an awesome experience. the spirit testified to me, that Carlos had been forgiven of his past sins and transgressions, and that he had entered into the covenant of baptism, the feelings I felt there were so strong, words can`t even describe them. We are still teaching the son of Carlos, in english, and he has a date to be baptized, but we still have to teach him the word of wisdom and things like that, but I`m excited.

Well, it is now a new transfer, I will still be in the same area(Nativitas) with the same companion Elder Gerlach, things are still going good, but I still haven`t had a mexican companion to help me to improve my spanish and to help me learn more about the culture. Well, this week in mexico, there was quite a significant holiday. It is called " Reyes Magos" and it has something to do with the wisemen who visited jesus when he was born, but basically it is kind of like Christmas. What happens is all of the kids who want presents from the REyes Magos put their name and address and a list of gifts that they want to receive on a piece of paper, they then roll it up, and tie it to a balloon and send it to the "Reyes MAgos" it`s pretty cool, it`s kind of like a second christmas, there were a lot of balloons this week because of this.

Another part that is essential to baptism is conversion, and that is exactly what happened to Carlos on Sunday, he received the gift of the holy ghost, and I have never seen anybody more happy in all the world then Carlos after he received that gift, and he told me something that will always stay with me forever, that impacted me a lot, he told me that: When someone is living the gospel of Jesus Christ, all things are possible that are right." And oh how right he is, he told me that the only reason why he wanted to learn more was because of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and because he witnessed the blessings of two american missionaries from Utah living the gospel, and he wanted to have that for himself, and now he has it, he is just so awesome! I have learned so much from him. also, this week, we had a lesson with an hermana who hadn`t gone to church in 30 years! 30 years! She told us it was because she can`t pay tithing or something like that, but what she said really impacted me, she told us that she always accepts the missionaries because she`s afraid that if she doesn`t that one day god won`t give her all the blessings that she wants, but that she still wont go to church. She told us that she would start to read the book of mormon, and this experience caused me to think of the power and authority of a missionary, not to say anything to brag or make myself look better than anyone, because I know that I am just a missionary, just a 19 year old teenager, living the gospel of Jesus Christ, but when I thought about it, I realized that she had a lot of truth, that missionaries really are called of God, and have the authority to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, we are still working with her, and I hope that she will one day return to the church, it will take a lot of work, but that was what i have been called to do, to work with less active members, and to help all to come unto Christ.

And, another update on the good delicious food of Mexico, I love the food here, but this week, I had the oppurtunity to try something new, I got to try "tinga" it is delicious, it tastes so good, it is like shredded meat on a tortilla, with cream, and cheese, but different cream and different cheese than what there is Utah, but it is dang good, I think one of my new favorite foods of Mexico. The work of the Lord is progressing, I am grateful for the chance that I have to be a part of it, I know that I am only one man, but with the Lord`s help, all things are possible, and if I live the gospel of Jesus Christ, like what Carlos is now doing, all things that are good, I will receive, and that is the blessings that everyone needs, even if it takes time, it is always worth it. MExico is a different place, there is a lot of influence of the adversary, but I know that inside of me, and in the church, that the prescence of the spirit can be felt, and that is my light, my guide, and my help, and through this, all things are possible. Even if it`s difficult, which it is, I have had many trials on my mission, but i also know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the solution, I know that the atonement is real, and that everyone who needs it, can have it, it is available to alll and it is infinite, and powerful, this is my testimony and i share it with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen



Also, another thing that was pretty cool about Carlos was that this week, we had an appointment with him, before he told us that he probabley couldn´t make it, we asked him

No comments:

Post a Comment