Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hola everyone. Another week has come and gone, this week was a crazy one. One of the most crazy events was that there was another earthquake, this one a lot stronger. But don´t worry, todo esta bien. All is well, here in Nativitas,Mexico City. And, as a missionary, I am protected as long as as I serve as good as I can and do the best that I can do serve. Well, This week, we experienced a mini miracle, my companion and I here in Mexico. This week, there was a member who invited us to go and eat with him at a restaurant place, this was Thursday, so we went. And there, the exact time that we were there, there was a less active member who we had been trying to contact for 4 weeks! It was a miracle that we were able to contact her and we actuallyl have another appointment with her this week. Mini miracles like this are what I love to see, especiallly because that day, was pretty hard for me and my companion, none of the peopel who we were goign to teach were there.

Also, this week, the day after that, we got to eat at another restaurant with some members. The name of the restaurant is called VIPS it is actually really good, it´s kind of like dennys or something like that, but it is really good. Anyways, before I explain why, let me explain more about the background information. Before we went to eat with these members. It was about 6 oclock, on Friday. WE had an appointment with these less active members in their estetica(hair salon) and we were going to have a noche de hogar(family night) with them. We planned to talk about the atonement with them, and we ended up talking about the plan of salvation. We were talking about the spirit world, and they started to understand that to go to spirit paradise, they need to go to church and partake of the sacrament each week so that they can have the blessings of the atonement. so, that is exactly what they did. They hadn´t been to church in like 3 years, and they were there this Sunday. It was aweome, but i want to talk more about the lesson. It was really powerful. The spirity was there and when me and my companion were bearing testimony about the atonement and applying it directly and personally into the lives of the less active members we were teaching, they felt the spirit and commited to go to church, and they were there! It was awesome. They then decided to take us to dinner afterwards, which was nice, i ordered a chocolate chip cheesecake, and it was delicious, but the lesson was what was more important to me. Seeing that there are children of our heavenly father who have become a little lost of the path of righteousness and that I as a missionary and representative of Jesus Christ have the oppurtunity and blessing to teach and testify of the mission of Jesus Christ, is such a blessing. This lesson strengthened my testimony of the power of the atonement.

Also, there was another lesson that we had this week. With a family, Hernandez family. They are less actives, the mom, hadn´t been to church in over 2 years, and her son, actually served a mission in Utah, her served in the prove mission in Lehi, which was cool because that is where my c9ompanion is from and they knew some fo teh same members. But anyway, he hadn´t been to church in like 5 years, he finished his mission 10 years ago. But, this lesson as well was powerful. WE taught and testified of the power of the truth to make us free(John 8:32) and testified and connected it with the atonement and the restauracion, that we have such a great message to share, to help free other children of God from mistakes and to help rescue, and the returned missionary felt the spirit there, he told us that he would be excited and honored to go to church the Sunday that was yesterday, and he went. His mom wsa there as well, and we talked with them, and they felt the spirit and were grateful to have the atonement back in their life. It was another testimony builder of the atonement for me.

The reason why we have been focusing so much on the atonement this week, is because, we actually had a lesson on the atonement, in our zone training meeting with the whole zone of ermita. It was an awesome zone conference, I learned a ton, and most of it was about the atonement, that really everything we do as missionaries is centered in the atonement, so that is what we taught this week, and we saw miracles. Families who hadn´t been to church in an extended period of time, came because of the power of the atonement.

Also, the investigator who we contacted in the micro(a bus) like 4 weeks ago, was at church. He is so ready for the gospel, and he loved church. WE will be working with him this week, and I think that he will be baptized, I sure hope so. The work here in Mexico is progressing, and I know that is is the work of the lord. Spanish, no longer is much of a problem, I understand almost all, and this is the last week of my training, in one more week, I will no longer be a "greenie". I also might be in a new area next week, I´ll let you know. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, I know that the atonement is real, and that it applies to all of us, not only to those who are lost. I am so grateful for the blessings of the atonement, and the gospel. I know this church is true, and I have seen lives changed because of it. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

P.S. Thanks for everything, and I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment