Friday, February 15, 2013

Another week is in the books of the missionary life of Elder Limb, and this week, there are some good reports that are about to come your way.


This week, we have continued to work with Carlos and his mom, and his son, and things are going really great. One thing that Carlos has told us is that the gospel has brought him closer to his mom, before they never really talked, even though they live in the same house, but because of the gospel, they are t+now talking, and Carlos is sharing the gospel with his mom who is 87 years old, and she is accepting the teaching very well, it´s just a little bit complicated to bring her to church because she is so old, and can´t get out of her house very easily, but I have faith that everything will work out for the good.


This week, my companion and I taught like 31 lessons, it was a busy week. One of the cool experiences I had this week was when we went to the estetica(barbershop) where we can get our hair cut for free to talk with the member who owns the place, and we had a great lesson about the atonement and the importance of the gospel, and my testimony was strengthened because of what she told me. She told me that she knows missionaries are called of God because she has been able to see my progress, how I have learned spanish so fast and how I have learned how to teach the gospel, it was a testimony strengthener to me, I know that I have been called of God and that I have the help of God as I am righteous and as I am humble, thanks to Heavenly FAther, I have been able to learn spanish fast and to learn how to teach as well. It was awesome, her testimony was also strengthened, and she wants to go to church every week and learn more about the gospel.


Oh yeah, this week, I experience half of a bible bash, we were walking and there was a Christian who wanted to come and talk about why the book of mormon wasn´t true with us, he was reading a lot of bible scriptures and saying a lot of things, attacking the beliefs of the church, at first I wanted to show him scriptures in the bible and bible bash back, but then I felt that I shouldn´t, so I just bore my testimony that I know the book of mormon is true and that Joseph Smith restored the gospel, I learned a lot, it isn´t worth our time as missionaries to go around fighting about the bible and stuff, but rather to just share testimony and invite others to find out for themselves, for this reason, it was only half of a bible bash, this man wanted to bible bash with us, but I knew it would be a waste of time for both of us, so I didn´t do it, and I am glad I didn´t.. Then we got to teach one of my converts Rocio, she was in the hospital for like 2 months and has now returned back to church, and I am so glad, her testimony is still strong and it always strengthens my testimony to see her desire to learn more about the gospel and about the church.


And this week, I have had the oppurtunity to eat plenty of mangos, mangos are the best food on earth, they taste so good! And there are so many here in MExico, and they are cheap, it doesn´t get better than that.Also, we had a pretty cool experience this week with putting in practice the principles that are found in preach my gospel, we were studying this week as a companionship how to find new investigators, and we found that one of the things that it suggests is that we talk with old investigators who have stopped investigating the church for one reason or another, it also said that sometimes the reasons why investigators stop to investigate the church is because missionaries have changes and the new missiories don´t go to visit that person, we found this to be true, we passed by asome old investigators and asked them why the missionaries stopped going to visit her, and she told us that it was because the missionaries had changes, yup, it was awesome, and now we have an appointment with her, well that´s all for this week. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Love, Elder Daniel Limb

No comments:

Post a Comment