Friday, August 10, 2012

Hello everybody back home, how are things going? I hope that you are all having a good time and enjoying life. I'm just going to start off with the best thing that happened this week, this week in the MTC I had one of the most awesome and just muy chevre(very cool) experiences. This week, me and Elder Baker were teaching one of our investigators, basically he was a golden investigator, he was definately prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel, anyways, the second lesson me and Elder Baker decided that we needed to teach him about the gospel of Jesus Christ(faith, repentence, baptism, recieving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end) so we did, and it was just the best lesson ever, we got to talking about the holy ghost and he said that he had felt that comfort before in his life, so we explained that that feelingof comfort and joy was the holy ghost, he loved it, we asked him if he would like to have that feeling forever and he said yes, then we asked him if he would be bapitzed on the 18th of this month, and he accepted! It was the best feeling I have ever felt, this feeling will make up for any hardtimes, even if it took 1000 doors to find an investigator like this guy in the field, it would be worth it and I would be willing to do it, to help to bring to pass our Heavenly Father's great and eternal plan. Even though I'm not in the field yet, it amazes me how the MTC is able to work and prepare missionaries for missionary work, the atmosphere is just so awesome, and the feelings that I have felt here can't be described with words, the spirit is stronger than any words, I found that out this week as well. When I was teaching and I couldn't remember some of the spanish words I needed to, I just bore my testimony as strong as I could, and I knew that I made mistakes, but the spirit was there in the message I was testifying of, after the lesson, the investigator even complimented me on my spanish. The Lord gave us weakness that we might be humble and be strong, I have learned that I am going to neeed all the help I can get from the Lord, I can't do this alone, but I have found that as I continue to study for my investigators and keep obeying all of the mission rules, that I have felt the spirit and Heavenly Father's guiding hand over the work that I am performing. That was the highlight of my week, that experience, I can't wait to experience it with the people of Mexico City, I already feel a connection to them, because I know that I have been called by a prophet of God to go serve in Mexico City because that is where I willl be able to have the most success as a missionary, because there is something about me that the people will connect with and accept the gospel. It is such a great blessing to see the light in people's eyes when they start to understand the gospel. I'm over the half way mark of my stay here in the MTC, its so crazy to think that soon I will be in anothe rcountry teaching the gospel, but I am so excited and ready to serve. This week, our district shrunk a little, one of the elders Elder white, got his visa so he got to go to the Peru mtc, it was sad to see him leave because as a district we have grown pretty united, plus our teacher left this week as well, he was awesome and I learned so much from him, it was just so awesome to be able to hear his advice about preparing for the mission field. There is so much to learn here in the MTC, and I am doing my best to learn everything tha tI can while I am still here, I love being a missionary so much and I have felt the support of all of the prayers for the missionaries, I have had some hard times, but I have been able to get through them through the comfort I have found in prayer and in scripture study. This week, on tuesday we will also be losing three more elders from my district, it will be sad to see them go, they are going to the colombia mtc, it will only be 6 elders in our district next week, that is so crazy to think about, but I know that they will all be good missionaries. I love the devotionals here in the MTC, they are just so awesome, especially this fast sunday because we basically had all day to study the gospel and listen to talks. WE had a mission conference which was totally awesome, two hours jam packed full of awesome talks from the members of the mtc presidency, I learned so much there. One of the things that they focused on was the BOok of Mormon, this is such a great book, it is literally the word of God. The Book of Mormon is true and it has helped me so much to grow closer to God by reading it, I have learned so much and I would challenge you to always remember the worth and the value of the book of mormon, don't take it for granted. Every verse was meant specifically for us, and there is so much to learn from it, I have spent so much more time studying it and have finally realized the importance of the book of mormon, it ht has helped to anser my prayers many times. The Book of Mormon really is the keystone of our religion, Joseph Smith did translate it by and through the power of God, I have a testimony of the book of mormon, it has grown so much stronger since being here in the MTC, I promise that if you read and pray about the book of mormon, you will receive an answer and find the guidance that you need. I will do my best to be an effective missionary, and I love it here in the MTC, letters are awesome to receive, I love letters. This church is such a miracle to day, I wish that I had time to tell everything about my experience here in the MTC, but I do not. One thing that I have noticed is that my spanish is getting better, I can understand almost all the words of our investigators, and I have also learned the importance of patience and studying. You have to be patient while learning a new language and take the time to effectively study, this is true with anything, not just learning a language, this week me and Elder Baker made a study plan that seems to be working pretty spectacular, it is truly miraculous, 3 and a half more weeks till I willl be in MEXico City, I just love being a missionary, remember the missionaries in your thoughts and prayers. I love teaching the gospel, it is something that makes me so happy, I have definately noticed an improvement in how me and Elder Baker are able to plan lessons, we can do it faster and more effective, this week we taught so many more lessons than we ever had before, it was amazing. Don't forget to write, I promise that I'll get back to you as soon as I can, thanks so much for your love and support,
Hasta Luego,
Elder Limb

No comments:

Post a Comment